Collect Important Documents

  1. Study Permit
  2. SIN Number
  3. GIC
  4. Student ID
  5. Health Insurance
  6. OPUS Card
laptop, office, hand-3196481.jpg
  1. How will you get your Study Permit?
    • You will get your study permit at the airport
    • You should have all the documents, while applying for Visa in your home country
  2. Process for Collecting SIN
    • SIN – Document used for employment in Canada
    • To obtain the SIN Number you can either book an appointment at Service Canada website or just Walk-In at their centre
      • PRO TIP: The best time to visit their centre is in betweem 9 am to 11 am, as the waiting time is less during the morning hours!
    • Documents required for SIN are:
      • Passport
      • Study Permit
  3. Activate your GIC Account
    • Everybody needs funds, so activating your GIC Account should be the next step
    • For this you can book an appointment with your bank at their website
      • PRO TIP: As many international students are rushing in, it is recommended to book an appointment in your home country to get early bookings
    • Documents required for GIC are:
      • Passport
      • SIN Number
      • Study Permit
    • PRO TIP: Get 50$ on using the GIC referral
  4. Collect your Student ID Card
    • You can get Concordia Student ID in library
    • You just need your offer letter(Student ID number) and Passport
  5. Activate your Health Insurance
  6. OPUS Card
    • An OPUS card is a smart card used for travelling which you can recharge at all metro stations. You can get details on how to get an OPUS Card here.

For any other enquiry you can email us at

Scroll to Top